Case fans are very easy to install and this guide will show you step by step how it is done.
1. First, power off the computer and unplug the cables from the back.
2. Remove the side cover of the computer case.
3. Make sure you have an empty space in the case for the size of fan you intend to install. For example, if you have a 120 mm size fan, make sure you have a space large enough to house the fan. The image below shows a 120 mm computer case fan.
4. Position the fan so the blades are exposed towards the inside of the case. This ensures that the fan moves the warm air from inside the case out the back.
5. Next, fasten the fan to the back of the case using the 4 screws provided.
6. Take the fan power connector and plug it into the SYS_FAN connector on the motherboard. Please consult your motherboard manual for the exact name of the system fan connector.
If properly installed, it should look like the image below.
7. If your motherboard does not have a SYS_FAN slot, you can use a molex power adapter as shown below.
Simple wasn't it? Installing a case fan is very easy!